Parking Account Representative
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Opens, maintains, and closes parking customer accounts, both individual and commercial accounts.
- Assists customers in resolving any issues with their accounts in person and/or by phone. Researches information as required.
- Assists walk-in customers with any account inquiries and provides information to visitors.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and complaints.
- Receives payments for parking citations and fines, monthly parking rentals, meter rentals, etc.
- Issues parking and meter cards.
- Balances cash register, prepares daily deposits, official receipts and other related documents.
- Enters data for billing and collection, court appearances, citations, and refunds.
- Generates, completes, and maintains information for appropriate customer service records retention. Maintains files and records.
- Oversees citation billing and monthly billing.
- Knowledge and skills in using effective customer service practices.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping or basic accounting methods.
- Knowledge of payment processing and receipt processing procedures.
- Skill in using computer and specialized software applications for customer accounts.
- Skill in using common office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in using mathematical computations used in accounting.
- Skill in both verbal and written communications.
- Skill in following written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, inside and outside the work group.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: High School diploma or GED and 2 years customer service experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.