Parking Enforcement Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knoweldge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations and activities of the Parking Enforcement Division.
- Reviews, researches, develops and recommends revisions to regulations and programs affecting parking enforcement.
- Develops and implements new parking policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and communicates statute changes to staff.
- Prepares budget proposals and recommendations and establishes budget control system for controlling expenditures; controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Performs duties of the Parking Enforcement Officer.
- Knowledge of supervisory and management principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of city and state parking statutes and codes.
- Knowledge of budgeting principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting city and state parking statutes.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in handling irate or difficult people.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and a minimum of three (3) years experience in Parking Enforcement or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Parking Enforcement Officer Certification is required.
Last revision date: October 2001