Parking Facility Supervisor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Acts as a representative for management at the cashier booths.
- Supervises cashiers and attendants; ensures staffing is at proper levels.
- Assists cashiers during close out to make certain all funds are properly accounted for and deposited.
- Responsible for preparing all shift reports.
- Acts as a liaison with USA staff to ensure proper operation.
- Responsible for the inspection of the facilities to make certain they are clean and safe.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, especially those concerning cash handling and customer service.
- Responds to emergencies and notifies proper authorities.
- May do minor emergency repairs to the equipment.
- Skills in mechanical and computer operation.
- Knowledge of cash handling and customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with City Staff, Administration, and members of the public.
- Ability to direct the activities of others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and four (4) years related experience, supervising parking garages and surface lots. One (1) year of experience may be substituted for the Certified Parking Facilities Manager certification. A valid Florida driver’s is required.