Parking Meter Technician
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knoweldge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Installs, repairs, and maintains parking meters.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains parking equipment.
- Uses hand held computer devices to collect inventory and audit data and to enter repair data for meters.
- Uses small and large tools in the performance of the duties.
- Completes proper paperwork to keep accurate repair records and to certify timing accuracy of meters.
- Maintains parking facilities and stripes parking areas as needed.
- Skill in repair and maintenance of small and large mechanical and electronic meter and other devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical repair and basic tool operation.
- Ability to use a two-way radio.
- Ability to write legibly and maintain service records.
- Ability to fabricate special purpose tools and repairs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Knowledge of parking meter construction, design and repair.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED, and one (1) year technical experience in equipment repair, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001