Printing Equipment Operator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Photocopies requested documents, forms and reports.
- Lays out and prints materials and reports requested by departments.
- Typesets and prints all commonly used City forms, business cards and stationery.
- Cuts, folds, and binds documents and reports as needed.
- Stocks inventory of printing and copier supplies.
- Responds to customer inquiries about print or photocopy jobs.
- Assists in design of print materials.
- Delivers finished product to users.
- Knowledge of practices, techniques and procedures used in printing and photocopying.
- Knowledge of graphic design and layout.
- Skill in using print shop machinery, equipment, and supplies.
- Skill in using computers and standard application software associated with layout and typesetting.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in following written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma, GED, or vocational/technical school in related area and two (2) years of typesetting or printing experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001