ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Designs, lays out, and prints materials requested by departments.
- Typesets and prints commonly used City forms, business cards and stationery.
- Photocopies requested documents, forms and reports.
- Orders and maintains inventory of printing supplies.
- Maintains master files of common, standard print jobs.
- Maintains print job records and prepares reports on costs of various print jobs.
- Arranges for maintenance and repair of printing press and copy equipment.
- Supervises print shop staff.
- Assists with divisional budget.
- Delivers finished product to users.
- Services copiers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of practices, techniques and procedures used in printing and photocopying.
- Knowledge of graphic design, layout and business form designs.
- Skill in using print shop machinery, equipment, and supplies.
- Skill in using computers and standard application software associated with layout and typesetting.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in following written and oral instructions.
- Skill in supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma, GED, and vocational/technical school in related area and five (5) years of typesetting or printing experience, including one (1) year lead work or supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license in required.
Last Revision Date: October 2001