Programmer / Analyst
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Performs analysis, designs systems, develops programs, and provides written and verbal instructions to meet needs of individual departments.
- Performs data entry of program code, tests and modifies code to get desired results.
- Maintains and modifies production systems as needed.
- Requests and runs reports to extract data to be downloaded to a variety of systems.
- Trains users on requesting reports.
- Assists user departments with end of year procedures including requesting, running and balancing reports.
- Modifies and updates current programs as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of programming methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Oracle applications and database concepts.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and solving operational program problems.
- Skill in designing system improvements and programs to meet the needs of City departments.
- Skill in utilizing written and verbal communication in the development of training presentations and manuals.
- Skill in effectively understanding the needs of City departments and translating, developing, designing and implementing program applications to meet these needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science or programming and two (2) years related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Last Revision date: October 2001