ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Collects commercial or residential garbage and refuse on designated route.
- Hauls garbage and refuse to the dump.
- Delivers and replaces dumpsters.
- Cleans and maintains equipment reporting any mechanical problems or failures to maintenance.
- Responds to inquiries, requests, and complaints in an appropriate manner.
- Assists other routes in completion of work.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations related to solid waste collection and disposal.
- Knowledge of City maps, routes and geography.
- Knowledge of operation of garbage trucks.
- Knowledge of customer service practices.
- Skill in performing heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time in all weather extremes.
- Skill in following oral and written directions.
- Skill in reading route maps and addresses.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Eighth grade education, and six (6) months work experience in manual labor, or any combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001