School Crossing Guard
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knoweldge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Assists children crossing streets.
- Adheres to regulations and guidelines governing school crossings.
- Ensures safety of pedestrians using assigned cross walks.
- Prepares reports on suspicious activities or persons, speeding cars, etc. for supervisor review.
- Knowledge of traffic regulations pertaining to school and pedestrian crossings.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Skill in dealing with the public, especially children.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: An eighth grade education, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Ability to pass State of Florida Exam.
Last revision date: October 2001