Senior Fiscal Analyst
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Researches and analyzes special projects for Department Director, Director and Budget Manager.
- Prepares budget amendments for all departments and agenda packages for the Finance Department.
- Coordinates with departments in preparation of the City budget.
- Provides analysis of budget to the City Commission, City Administration, Finance Department, and other departments.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly analysis of City financial status.
- Performs the duties of a Senior Accountant in the Accounting Division for Capital Project Funds and other funds.
- Assists in the preparation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports and works with external auditors.
- Communicates with departments, administration and commission.
- Knowledge of City, federal and state laws, rules and regulations related to governmental accounting and finance.
- Knowledge of budgetary planning, development and management methods and practices.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software utilized in budgetary and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of management and supervision practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical research and analysis of budget and accounting projections.
- Skill in utilizing financial databases for research, analysis and informational purposes.
- Skill in using computer and finance software applications including spreadsheets and databases.
- Skill in developing budgetary projections.
- Skill in assigning, reviewing and evaluating work.
- Ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication in developing written and verbal reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible municipal budgeting, billing, collection, or revenue generation experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision: October 2001