Senior Lotus Notes Administrator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Which are not in any hierarchical order – including but not limited to :))
- Ensure that all Domino servers are actively routing mail and messages within the City of West Palm Beach and to external sites.
- Maintain the Domino address book.
- Update, add, and remove Lotus Notes clients from the Domino System.
- Maintain the Domino System through routine updates and maintenance procedures.
- Develop and test new database uses and templates for workflow and messages delivery.
- Assist in the installing, configuration, and training of Lotus Notes clients
- Provide level 1, 2, and 3 supports to Help Desk staff in order to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Puts databases into production
- Performs daily lotus Domino administration tasks.
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by the City of West Palm Beach.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Process Public Records Request for E-mails
- Provide 24x7 supports for all Lotus Servers and clients issues.
- Proficient in supporting Blackberry servers and Clients
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of City, federal and state rules and regulations related to telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems methodology, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of end user and network computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of basic general office systems that interface with peripheral computer equipment.
- Knowledge of Domino Clusters, SMTP and Networking
- Skill in prioritizing, assigning, reviewing and evaluating work.
- Skill in managing multiple projects, systems analysis, planning and organizing in a timely manner.
- Skill in responding to telephone or on site inquiries related to troubleshooting computer and software problems.
- Skill in accurately determining the hardware and software needs of the departments and end users.
- Skill in utilizing written and verbal communication in the development of reports.
- Skill in utilizing customer service and public relations techniques in responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing with all levels of management and external agencies to coordinate and implement departmental applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to evaluate training needs and objectives for technical staff.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Systems and four (4) year of experience in the installation of computer networking and communications equipment, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required and course work specific to Lotus Notes are required.
Last Revision date: October 2006