Senior Systems Analyst
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Provides technical and analytical support for a variety of computer applications.
- Creates and modifies system’s modules to comply with ordinances and user’s needs.
- Creates reports and data files for internal and external users using various tools.
- Trains users on newly acquired or existing modified software applications.
- Installs, upgrades, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs computer software applications, hardware and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Database management concepts.
- Knowledge of Computer programming methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of systems analysis methods and procedures.
- Skill in project management, planning and organization.
- Skill in effective utilization of written and verbal communication in development of presentations and reports.
- Skill in instructing end-users in a variety of computer hardware and software applications.
- Skill in prioritizing multiple projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Math, Business Administration, or related field, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Last Revision date: October 2001