Senior Water Meter Reader
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Performs duties to upload and download customer information to meter reading devices via specialized software for utility billing purposes.
- Prepares various computerized ad hoc reports related but not limited to meter reader errors, reading time, travel time etc.
- Prepares, assigns and maintains meter readers reading schedule and assigns other daily activities as necessary.
- Assists with the City Backflow and Cross Connection Program by field testing backflow prevention assemblies and inputting data and report information in specialized backflow software.
- Frequently interacts with internal and external customers regarding meter reading and backflow prevention concerns.
- Performs all other related duties as trained and assigned.
- Knowledge and skills in using effective customer service practices.
- Skill in using computer and ability to learn specialized software applications.
- Skill in using common office machinery and equipment.
- Ability to acquire certification for Backflow Prevention testing and repair.
- Skill in both verbal and written communications.
- Skill in following written and oral instructions.
- Skills in business math.
- Ability to supervise and direct the activity of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: High school diploma, GED, or vocational training and two (2) years of experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in meter reading and backflow prevention assemblies. Backflow Prevention Testing Certification and Backflow Repair Certificate required, or the ability to obtain within one year of employment. A valid State of Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001