Street Lighting Technician
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Installs, maintains and repairs streetlights utilizing a boom truck.
- Installs, maintains and repairs or replaces photoelectric control relays for lighting circuits on 110v and 480v services.
- Troubleshoots problems involving underground electrical wiring.
- Provides electrical services, including the installation of 3-phase service, for sanitation compactors and other applications.
- Installs new electrical services for lighting and/or load centers.
- Provides electrical support for parks throughout the City.
- Climbs utility poles in easements to install or repair service drops.
- Knowledge of high voltage electrical services and repairs to street lighting and other equipment.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment and tools necessary for the installation, maintenance and repair of street lighting and other equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in operating a boom truck.
Last revision date: October 2001