ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Operates dump trucks and other like vehicles to support a variety of City construction and maintenance projects.
- Performs daily routine preventive maintenance and servicing (e.g., refuels, checks fluid levels, hoses, signal operation, brakes, and lights) and refers major repairs.
- Drives vehicle within designated route or in accordance with established schedule.
- Delivers and replaces dumpsters.
- Performs various construction and/or maintenance tasks (e.g., hauling trash and debris, repairing asphalt, building catch basin, mowing canal banks, and repairing sidewalks).
- May operate heavy equipment due to staffing constraints.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of operation of a variety of heavy and light equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in operating and working around moving equipment.
- Skill in operating and performing preventive maintenance on designated equipment.
- Ability to follow safety practices and recognizing hazards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Eighth grade education and six (6) months of truck driving experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license and CDL class B is required.
Last revision date: October 2001