Utility Billing Processor
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVEONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Processes utility accounts through customized computer software.
- Prints and assemble utility bills through specialized machinery.
- Prepares postal mailings in required postal pre-sorted trays for bulk mailing.
- Maintains various logs and reports.
- Picks up, opens and delivers utility bills and customer correspondence to and from post office box and postal bulk mailing unit; sorts and delivers payments and correspondence to various departments for processing.
- Receives, tracks and maintains utility billing materials necessary for bill processing.
- Knowledge of postal mailing procedures, zip code requirements and postal rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and English.
- Knowledge and skills in using effective customer service practices.
- Knowledge of job related equipment repair and maintenance.
- Skill in using personal computer.
- Ability to learn specialized computer software.
- Skill in both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: High School diploma or GED and six (6) months related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida Driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001