Valet Ramp Leader
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Supervises the quality of work of all valet employees to ensure the employees are in proper uniform, with current driver’s licenses and that tasks are performed efficiently, effectively and professionally.
- Responds to citizens’ inquiries about the valet service and the City.
- Resolves complaints and misunderstandings.
- Ensures proper parking, security, cash control and key handling is being followed.
- Supervises special event functions, as they relate to the parking operation.
- Monitors maintenance of valet areas and equipment.
- Makes recommendations for hours of operation and location of stands.
- Knowledge of cash handling and customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of valet operation procedures.
- Knowledge of City’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of City’s streets, historical sites and landmarks.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies and to make good decisions using common sense and established procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and one (1) year related experience. A valid Florida driver’s is required.
Last Revision date: February 2002