Visitor Information Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Sells merchandise in-store and during special events while providing excellent customer service.
- Provides information to the public about the City and downtown merchants.
- Makes recommendations on new items and notifies supervisor of items needed for re-stock; maintains inventory records.
- Opens, closes, operates and balances cash register on a daily basis; prepares bank deposits.
- Knowledge of retail sales.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping or basic accounting methods.
- Knowledge of payment processing and receipt processing procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics and cashiering.
- Skills in customer service.
- Skill in using computer and software applications for accounting transactions.
- Skill in using common office machinery and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and one (1) year retail work experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision: January 2003