SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, perform a variety of duties associated with maintaining a warehouse and supervising receiving, stocking, distributing, and inventorying of supplies, equipment and vehicles; and performs related duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Orders parts and supplies and enter incoming parts, supplies and equipment into computer inventory system.
- Issues and distribute parts, supplies, equipment and vehicles.
- Inventories parts, supplies, equipment and vehicles.
- Verifies purchase orders and track shipment of parts, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains records of asset numbers and assist with sale of surplus property.
- Performs daily inspections for safety, cleanliness and supply levels.
- Assists in unloading supplies and equipment and placement in warehouse.
- Maintains computer and other records and files associated with receipt, distribution, return, repair, maintenance and disposal of parts, supplies, equipment and vehicles.
- Supervises warehouse staff.
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus.
- Completes reports as required.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of warehousing techniques.
- Knowledge of standard warehouse or stockroom practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the proper way to stock shelves.
- Knowledge of automated stocking systems.
- Knowledge of legally required methods of handling warehousing equipment.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge in computerized inventory management.
- Skill in using computer and basic application software used in warehouse operations.
- Skill in using common office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in using common warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves light physical work in a warehouse setting with exposure to moderate levels of noise. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The City of West Palm Beach promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Accounting or related field, and five (5) years warehouse experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver's license is required.
Last Revision Date: October 2001