Water Meter Reader
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of the class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Reads and records meter readings to assess usage levels and enter data into hand held computerized device.
- Maintains accurate reading review to assure accurate user billings.
- Inspects meter, boxes and connections for any damage or maintenance requirements; records maintenance work order requests into hand held device.
- Reviews assigned route and secures all meter readings before route is turned in as completed.
- Interacts with customers regarding meter related problems.
- Cleans meter boxes and replaces meter box lids.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of geographical layout and street locations of service areas
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in reading and general mathematical computations
- Skill in reading street maps, street signs, and meters accurately and entering information in a computer device correctly
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing safety hazards
- Skill in human relations and communicating effectively with customers
- Skill in both verbal and written communications
- Skill in following written and oral instructions
- Ability to locate meters by distinguishing directions (north, south, east, west) from abbreviated meter locations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATION: High School diploma or GED and one (1) year experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida’s driver’s license is required.
Last Revision date: October 2001