ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Which are not in any hierarchical order).
- Creates, edits, and codes in various programming languages and updates files on Website and interactive kiosk.
- Records and encodes audio material, scans, edits, and manipulates photos and graphics.
- Edits, publishes, researches and writes newsletter articles.
- Responds to inquiries submitted through the Intranet and Internet.
- Sets up computer hardware, software and peripherals, and troubleshoots PC problems.
- Performs standard secretarial duties including word processing, answering and directing telephone calls, preparing invoices, inventory and maintain office supplies, etc.
- Maintains records, files, databases, and statistical information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals related to general office as well as Website management and development.
- Knowledge of computer software utilized in desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of recordkeeping and file maintenance.
- Knowledge of research and procurement of equipment.
- Skill in creating and maintaining a departmental informational Website.
- Skill in utilizing a wide variety of computer hardware and software to create newsletters, reports, presentations and informational websites.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of databases and spreadsheets in the analysis of statistical data.
- Skill in responding to walk in, telephonic and electronic inquiries.
- Skill in establishing priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree from an accredited technical school or college, with a major in Computer Science and three (3) years related experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: October 2001