ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Supervises assigned operations within available resources including planning and scheduling staff assignments. Trains and motivates assigned staff.
- Supervises proper water chemical content, and cleanliness of the pool area including exterior areas.
- Assists providing employees first aid instruction in CPR and other life saving skills training as assigned.
- Assists in the supervision and maintenance of pump room, equipment repairs and safety procedures.
- Assists in with the hiring process of pool guards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of aquatic recreation program administration and a skillful swimmer.
- Knowledge of personal computer usage including applicable software.
- Skill in reacting quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Skill in teaching and performing life saving, first aid, and CPR methodology.
- Skill in supervision the work of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Recreation or closely related field and six (6) months of experience in aquatic center operations, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification, CPR and AED Certifications, required. Pool Operator Certification, highly desirable. American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Certification, American red Cross Oxygen Administration Certification highly desirable. A valid Florida driver’s license is required. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: October 2009