License and Permit Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Receives and reviews license and permit applications and revisions.
- Inputs license application, revision, certificate of insurance, and fee payment to computer system.
- Issues licenses and permits, collects fees, and reimburses denied applicants.
- Maintains records associated with license and permit applications, fee payments and violations.
- Assists in monitoring license applications, contractor registrations, zoning and vehicle-for-hire inspections.
- Assists in preparing correspondence contract documents and federal and state performance and fiscal reports.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of City licenses and permits.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Skill in using standard office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in using computers and standard application software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and three (3) years of administrative or clerical experience with customer service experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Last revision date: October 2001