ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Performs program, service, and budgetary evaluations designed to promote efficient and effective accomplishment of performance goals, objectives and measures.
- Analyzes budget detail and policies and procedures.
- Provides consultant services to administration, legislators, other government entities, and the public.
- Gathers information, analyzes data, and draws conclusions, and makes recommendations.
- Facilitates meetings and self-assessment sessions.
- Writes reports, memoranda, and other correspondence.
- Researches laws, ordinances, resolutions and other materials.
- Knowledge of city, federal and state laws, statutes, rules, regulations and ordinances related to municipal financial budgeting, management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budgetary preparation and control; accounting, cost, auditing principles, and procurement methods.
- Knowledge of performance measures including inputs, activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals related to accounting and financial management.
- Skills in utilizing computer data and additional information in the assessment and analysis of financial reports and legal documents.
- Skills in analyzing problems identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
- Skills in delegating, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating work.
- Ability to plan, organize, perform and carryout work assignments independently and objectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team as a team member.
- Ability to conduct fact-finding research.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, business, finance, or related field; with seven (7) years work related experience dealing with high level management or governing board, internal auditing, management analysis, program planning, and evaluation, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Last revision date: December 2006