Oracle Applications Administrator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Provides on site and on-call production support to resolve application issues in a timely manner
- Supports and maintains Oracle HR and Financial applications.
- Defines procedures based on City policies and compliance with State laws.
- Coordinates and oversees the installation, upgrades, patches, TAR support, concurrent manager administration and Oracle Apps SYSADMIN functions.
- Assists with the planning of application changes and installation of upgrades and new releases.
- Ensures service level availability of the Oracle applications and related interfaces.
- Design, develop, test, and implement application extensions and enhancements.
- Develop, document, and enforces application standards and procedures.
- Reviews functional/technical design and implementation documents.
- Participates in the analysis, review and evaluation of documentation and business processes related to defining projects to a set of manageable tasks.
- Interacts with the business users to understand their business needs.
- Works with cross project teams to resolve technical performance issues/ bottlenecks (e.g., network, storage, application)
- Provides on-call and hands-on support for problem resolution and, enhancement activities to resolve application issues.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, recommending alternatives and on the implications of new or revised processing analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of database management concepts.
- Knowledge of mainframe and informational databases.
- Knowledge of software logic and programming languages.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of relational databases.
- Knowledge of business processes utilizing Oracle Application Flows across the E-Business suites.
- Working knowledge of Oracle API’s (application program interfaces for integrating 3rd party apps.)
- Thorough knowledge of the Oracle Applications Technical Foundations and various schemas.
- Skills in project management including resource management, project planning and tracking, estimating, risk analysis, sponsor relations, status communication, problem identification and resolutions.
- Proven knowledge/experience with systems requirement gathering, analysis, design and development.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Skill in computer programming and database design.
- Ability to work effectively with others in managing complex issues and to work in matrix management environments.
- Ability to work with a team of functional and technical specialists and to cross train team members.
- Ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and prepare design specifications.
- Ability to manage time and competing requirements effectively.
- Ability to work and manage effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, complex problems, interprets operational needs, perform in depth work analyzes and develop computer-generated flow charts.
- Ability to establish priorities, demonstrate discipline and independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field and five (5) years of relevant working experience. Two (2) years of experience must include working with SQL and PL/SQL. Duties include: design, maintenance, and tuning of Oracle databases, SQL, PL/SQL, Developer 2000 Forms and Reports. Experience in Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Technical foundation and table structures, required. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) preferred. Experience in implementing and supporting Oracle ERP Applications. Experience with functional support skills in Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i Financials (GL, AP, AR, FA, CE, PO, HR, Payroll, Time Management, iRecruitment, iProcurement), Alert, Report Manager and all associated modules. Experience with Oracle Applications Technology foundation, Oracle Forms 6i, Report 6i, Workflow 2.6, BI Publisher, Oracle Database 10g/11g, SQL loader. Experience with Application Object Library (AOL), Concurrent Manager and Flexfields. Experience with designing and developing CEMLIs (Configuration/Customization, Extension, Modification, Localization, and Integration). Experience with Oracle AIM methodology. Experience with SDLC and posses application management in an Oracle environment with at least one full life cycle oracle implementation in a functional or a techno-functional capacity. Experience working with conversion and interfaces programs between Oracle 11i and legacy applications. A valid State of Florida driver’s license, required. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: October 2010