Senior Lotus Notes Developer
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Provides design, developmental, technical and analytical support for the City’s Collaborative, Office Automation, Business Project Management systems such as Lotus Notes/Domino databases, custom applications, eforms, templates, workflows, messaging and related third party integrations.
- Creates and modifies system modules to comply with City Ordinances and end user needs.
- Creates reports and data files for internal and external customers using various technology tools.
- Trains end users on newly acquired or existing modified software applications and databases.
- Installs, upgrades, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs computer software applications, hardware and peripherals as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology trends and developmental tools.
- Develop/maintain application and system level documentation.
- Maintain database security and integrity.
- Seeks and participates in professional development opportunities above and beyond training required by the City of West Palm Beach.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with potential solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Database Architecture, Administration and Management concepts.
- Knowledge of Computer programming methods, procedures in various Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Systems Analysis methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes/Lotus Script
- Knowledge of integrating external data sources with Lotus Notes/Domino Databases.
- Skill in project management, planning and organization.
- Demonstrates significant creative, innovative problem solving expertise.
- Skill in effective diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
- Skill in effective utilization of written and verbal communication in development of presentations and reports.
- Skill in accurately determining the software needs of end users and instructing them in a variety of applications.
- Skill in prioritizing multiple projects and working with an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science/Information Technology, Math, Business Administration, or related field, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in the design, development and implementation of enterprise Lotus Notes/Domino workflow applications, including all aspects of the software development cycle. Certification as Lotus Notes Professional, required. A valid State of Florida driver’s license, required. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: October 2010