Survey Party Chief
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Oversees construction layout within public right-of-ways and properties.
- Oversees acquisition of data in the field needed to prepare engineering drawings, plans and designs.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of the municipal horizontal and vertical control systems.
- Keeps and files notes, drawings, sketches and other information as related to survey records.
- Preserves, locates and references various survey points and markers which may be lost due to construction.
- Trains survey crew personnel.
- Performs all other related duties as trained and assigned.
- Knowledge of land surveying techniques and construction techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, practices and procedures.
- Skills in mathematics and trigonometry.
- Ability to work outdoors under adverse conditions.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work activities of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with minimum detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, GED, or vocational training and four (4) years experience in a related field required, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Associate's degree in a related field, highly desirable. .A valid Florida driver’s license is required. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: October 2009