Sustainability Program Assistant
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Assists in the development, preparation and presentation of sustainability education programs for City staff.
- Assists in the development, preparation and presentation of sustainability education programs and activities for businesses and individuals in the community.
- Research of conservation best practices.
- Assists in the development, preparation and distribution of promotional materials for programs.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the sustainability website.
- Performs program registration duties, including accepting funds and providing receipts.
- Maintains required records and prepares reports of costs, attendance and program activities.
- Procures supplies for the Office of Sustainability, including supplies for sustainability programs.
- Provides administrative support for the Office of Sustainability.
- Provides administrative support for community advisory committee(s).
- May attend staff meetings to discuss issues related to planning programs.
- Provides custodial facility maintenance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of conservation programs and issues.
- Knowledge of community programs, resources and services available for assisting businesses and individuals to conserve energy, water and other resources.
- Knowledge of educational processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees and patrons.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within 30 days from day of appointment.
Last revision date: October 2010