On Dec. 14, 1914 the Woodlawn Cemetery Association deeded the cemetery to the City of West Palm Beach. Henry Flagler created the cemetery on 17 acres of pineapple fields in 1904. The original iron gate was removed in 1925 when Dixie Highway was widened. It was replaced with a concrete arch on which the inscription from the original gate — “That which is so universal as death must be a blessing”.
FEES FOR THE PURCHASE OF BURIAL RIGHTS AND CEMETERY SERVICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE OWNERSHIP, USE AND CONTROL OF ALL LOTS, CRYPTS, MAUSOLEUMS AND BURIALS RIGHTS FOR WOODLAWN AND EVERGREEN CEMETERIES