**City Commission & CRA Meeting Agendas | CLICK HERE**
**Mayor Jeri Muoio to deliver State of the City address on January 24, 2019**
**For information, please visit: Click Here**

The City of West Palm Beach will hold a General Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, and Run-off Election, if necessary, on Tuesday, March 26, 2019.

Learn More

Conrad, who works in the City of WPB Development Services Department, received this recognition for providing the development community with exemplary service.

Learn More
Common Violations & Property Guidelines


What do I do if I received a violation?

How do I register my vacant property?

Yard Maintenance Standards

1.Yard Maintenance StandardsYard Maintenance Standards are the responsibility of every property owner and includethe maintenance of overgrown areas on a regular basis. Dead trees and limbs must be removed and vegetation and trees trimmed so as to not impair vision or obstruct the travel of motorists.

Inoperative Motor Vehicles2. Inoperative Motor Vehicles
Disabled and/or unlicensed vehicles cannot be stored on the premises unless located in a garage. A disabled / unlicensed vehicle is a vehicle that does not display a current license tag and/or is not equipped with all parts that are required to legally and safely operate on public streets and/or cannot be driven under its own power.

Junk, Trash and Debris3. Junk, Trash and Debris
Junk, trash and debris cannot be left in the yard and must be properly disposed of. This includes junk, auto parts, appliances, furniture, building materials, tires, trash such as discarded paper, cardboard, plastics, etc; and debris such as tree trimmings and fallen limbs.

Parking4. Parking
All currently licensed autos, trucks and vans must be parked on an approved driveway or paved surface.

Commercial Equipment5. Commercial Equipment
Generally, no commercial vehicles and/or equipment shall be parked or stored in a residential district within the City on either public or private property. No commercial vehicle of more than 10,000 pounds of gross vehicle weight may be parked in a residential neighborhood.

RV’s, Boats & Trailers6. RV’s, Boats & Trailers
Trailers over ten feet in length are prohibited. RVs and boats may be parked on private property, but must be screened from the view of abutting properties. All vehicles must be currently registered and maintained in a neat and operable condition. All RVs must be unoccupied while stored on residential property.


Condition of Structures7. Condition of Structures
The maintenance of a structure is the responsibility of the property owner. Any wood, siding, shingles, roof covering, railings, fences, walls, ceilings, porches, doors, windows and screens, and other exterior parts of a structure must be maintained in weather-tight, rodent proof, sound condition and good repair.

The property owner is responsible for maintaining secure windows, doors and other openings that cannot be readily opened from the outside. Boarding up of a structure requires that the owner obtain a permit for a Boarding Certificate from the Construction Services Division.

Outdoor Storage8. Outdoor Storage
Outdoor storage is prohibited. Generally, any equipment, materials or furnishings that would ordinarily not be used outdoors, may not be stored outdoors. For example, you may not keep indoor furniture, household appliances, auto parts or building materials outside.

Illegal Dwelling Units9. Illegal Dwelling Units
Owners of rental dwelling units that are occupied are required to obtain a rental license. Dwelling units that have been added to the interior or the exterior of a structure without the proper permits are illegal.

Prohibited Businesses10. Prohibited Businesses
Most businesses are not allowed to operate in residential areas as they disrupt residents and the community. This means that car and boat repairs, construction of cabinets and furniture, and other activities that are not normally carried on in a residential district are prohibited. Remember, engaging in a business requires an occupational license.

Did You Know?

  • The most common code violations are overgrown yards, failure to clean up junk and debris, and the storage of disabled/ unlicensed vehicles.
  • The Code Compliance Division offers a Standard Housing Code Inspection for the interior of residential dwellings. The interior inspection is a free service offered by the City that may help identify problem areas that the property owner should address, or the tenant should ask their landlord to address. You may contact the Code Compliance Division at 561.822.1465.
  • Any structural repairs, new fences, most plumbing and electrical work, driveway installations, and even garage sales may require a permit from the City. Please call the Construction Services Division at 561.805.6700.
  • The City can address unsafe buildings or structures through demolition under the Standard Building Code.
  • After required legal notifications are made to the owner, the City can mow overgrown vacant lots and board up vacant structures while recovering its expenses by a lien to the property, or by adding the costs to the tax bill.


Code Enforcement Contact Information:
401 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Phone: (561) 822-1465 | Fax: (561) 822-1486