Shanon Materio District 5 City Commissioner Term 2014 – 2016 P.O. Box 3366 WPB, FL 33402 Phone: (561) 822-1390 Fax: (561) 822-1399 Contact Commissioner firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2007 - 2012 Art in Public Places Committee Member – Appointed by then Mayor Lois Frankel to the Arts in Public Places Board for the City of West Palm Beach.
- 2004 – 2010 South End Neighborhood Association (SENA) Board Member – Served as one of the founding members of SENA, and then served as SENA President for 2005. Worked on a variety of committees and issues related to improving the Dixie Highway corridor.
- 2000 – Present Lake Worth Community Redevelopment Agency – Major CRA accomplishments included completing renovation of two major gateways at 6th Ave and 10th Ave North under a budget of $13-14 million combined. The projects came in under budget and on-time. -Served on the vetting committee to hire the CRA’s new Executive Director. Worked on committee responsible for developing the $24.5 million NSP2 grant.
- 2010 – Present Tropical Ridge Neighborhood Association – Active member, participating in neighborhood clean ups and community activities and fundraisers.
- 1990 – 1994 Art Glass Association of America – Board member and Co-chair of the Education Committee for two years. – Taught art glass business curriculum from 1989 – 1994. – Created a broad education program to enhance the growth of the industry nationally.
- 1993 – 1996 PTO President at South Olive Elementary – As PTO President developed fundraising opportunities and relived the PTO of a significant debt. Additional funds were used to build a new playground, open an on-campus supply store, and funded a program to clothe underprivileged children.
- 1976 – Present McMow Art Glass, Inc Owner and Creative Director
- 1993 – Present Creative Etchings Co-Owner
- 2005 – Present Alhambra Art Glass Developer, Owner and Creative Director
- Propac Business Documents 1999 – Present