The Northwood / Pleasant City Community in West Palm Beach, Florida, is transforming into a dynamic five-district community where residents, visitors, business owners and property owners are enjoying an eclectic, enchanting environment with something for everyone…truly.
- Size: Approximately 459 acres
- 2008 Population: 167,103
- Average Household Size: 2.32
- Median Household Income: $41,832
Data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Census
- September 1993 – The City of West Palm Beach adopted Resolution Number 282-94 creating the Northwood/Pleasant City CRA.
- October 1999 – Adopted an amended and restated Northwood
- Pleasant City CRA Plan by Resolution Number 361-99 expanding the district to include the Pleasant City Neighborhood.
CRA Strategic Plan: The CRA approved a Strategic Finance Plan to establish a focus on key geographic areas with a feasible financial strategy to implement redevelopment initiatives in the district for the next five years. The plan identifies several funding sources including bond proceeds, tax increment, a Federal Department of Transportation Grant and the Palm Beach County Development Regions Grant Program.