This category falls under the vehicle for hire ordinance, (sec. 22-221) of the city code, and also includes jitney, intercity jitneys and limousines.
- All vehicles for hire operated inside city limits must be licensed and insured.
- Business office must be located within the corporate (industrial) city limits to be able to pick up and drop off within the city.
Fees due and payable at time of application.
- License Fees:
Office – $86.81.
Zoning sign off $10.00 done (internally) to make sure location is zoned for business.
Fire Inspection $50.00 – you will be contacted to schedule an inspection of office.
Code Enforcement $20.00 – you will contact an Officer to schedule an inspection of office.
1st vehicle $144.70 then each additional vehicle is $57.88.
Decal – $28.67 each vehicle.
The following guidelines must be met before a Business Tax will be issued:
- State of Florida Motor Vehicle Registration for each vehicle for hire.
- Proof of current insurance showing expiration date with the following limits:
FSS 324.031 with minimum limits of $125,000/250,000/50,000 or $300,000 combined single limits.
- State of Florida Driver’s License for each driver.
- Palm Beach County Department of Consumer Affairs Photo ID for each driver.
- West Palm Beach Police picture identification card for each driver:
Hours of operation for fingerprinting/photo ID/background check are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12:00PM – 3:00PM.
Failure to pass inspection will result in license application being voided. No refunds will be issued.