In preparation for the summer storm season, the City of West Palm Beach is pleased to announce that this year’s Yard Waste Amnesty Days will be from April 1, 2014 through May 30, 2014.
To take advantage of the Yard Waste Amnesty Days please:
- Place your yard waste at the curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. the night before your regular yard waste pick up day.
- Make sure that your yard waste is all contained within one (1) pile. There is no limit on the size of the pile.
- Make sure the yard waste pile is located only in front of your house. You cannot put your yard waste in front of your neighbor’s house (even with their permission) or in front of a vacant lot.
- Place grass cuttings, small trimmings and leaves in plastic bags.
- Cut tree limbs and branches into lengths no longer than four (4) feet.
- Cut tree trunks and stumps into section no longer than four (4) feet and no larger than 12 inches in diameter.
- Do not place yard waste so that it interferes with traffic.
- Do not place yard waste within 10 feet of any obstructions such as walls, trees, guide wires, fences, vehicles, overhead wires, mail boxes, etc.
- Do not place yard waste on top of drainage/stormwater grates.
- Do not place yard waste in cardboard boxes.
- Do not mix yard waste with any other items.
In the event of a storm warning please do not put your yard waste out as it may block stormwater systems or become dangerous flying objects.
Yard Waste Amnesty Days does not apply to commercial properties or Landscape Contractors.
If you have any questions please call: 561-822-2075
Thank you for your cooperation.