Planning an everglades experience for your private group is a breeze at Grassy Waters Preserve! We welcome scout troops, summer camps, neighborhood associations, large family groups, clubs, and more.
You will be choosing from the following activities:
- Groups must guarantee at least 10 paying participants.
- Weekend private programs have a maximum of 25 participants.
- Weekday private programs have a maximum of 40 participants.
- Cost varies by the length of program and activities requested, and typically conform to public program fees.
- Programs must be booked a minimum 2 weeks in advance. Please note private program time slots fill quickly, and often the next available date is a month or more away.
- For youth education programs (child-focused program where children outnumber adults, ex: summer camp), all participants must be within 2 grade levels of each other (ex: K–2nd or 3rd–5th).
Available to all age groups. Boardwalk is ADA accessible. Duration: 1.5 hours.
Available to participants ages 5 and up. Participants will enter the water approximately knee-deep and use nets to catch various aquatic macroinvertebrates. A discussion of the species caught follows the activity. Duration: 1.5 hours.
Available to participants ages 8 and up. This is an off-boardwalk hike through the wetland. Water levels are approximately knee-deep. The ability to walk on uneven terrain, step over submerged obstacles and duck under low-hanging vegetation is required. Duration: 2 hours.
For youth-dominated groups, ages 10 and up. For family groups, ages 6 and up for a 1.5 hr trip, or 10 years and up for longer outings. Canoes have two seats, with the option of sitting a child or small adult in the center. Maximum 10 canoes. Participants may not bring their own boats. Duration: 1.5 to 3.5 hours (or longer by special request).
Not available for youth-dominated groups. For family groups, ages 6 and over if in tandem with adult for 1.5 hr trip; 10 and over if in tandem with adult for longer outing. Age 15 and up in single kayak. Participants may not bring their own boats. Duration: 1.5 to 3.5 hours (or longer by special request).
To book your private program, please fill out and submit the following information:
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.