Why You Should Join
Become a Green Business Leader:
Mayor Muoio invites all WPB businesses to join the WPB Green Business Challenge, a friendly competition to engage commercial property managers, office tenants and other business sectors. This program strives to improve energy and water efficiency, reduce waste and involve employees while saving money and receiving community wide recognition.
Top 6 reasons to join The Rethink Business Green Business Challenge:
1. Get Recognized & Be Promoted
2. Be Competitive & Grow Your Customer Base
3. Protect the Environment
4. Save Money
5. Strengthen Your Team
6. Support Your West Palm Beach Community
Green Business is Good Business!
If you want to enjoy the countless free benefits of being a WPB Green Business Challenge participant please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Sign Up For the WPB Green Business Challenge Here! Once you are signed up for the Challenge, access scorecards here.
Green Business Spotlight!
The City of West Palm Beach congratulates the following organizations for their efforts and commitment to adopting policies and implementing practices that protect the local environment and improve public health.
2016-2017 Green Business Challenge Participants
Palm Beach Atlantic University
South Florida Science Center & Aquarium
The Palm Beach Zoo and Conservation Society
Paradelo Burgess Design Studio
Skye is the Limit Salvaged Designs
United Way of Palm Beach County
Glidden Spina + Partners
Visit Palm Beach & West Palm Beach Waterfront Visitor Information Center
Truffies of Palm Beach
SuperGreen Solutions of WPB
Amazon Pure Healing
Mathews Consulting/Baxter Woodman Co
Ultima Fitness Downtown
Mercedes Professional Cleaning
Basketz Unlimited, Inc
Casa Grandview Historic Luxury Inn, Cottages & Suites
Find the closest Green Business partner near you, below! Click the icon for more information.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors!
While going green will affect every aspect of your business, increased energy efficiency is one of the best opportunities to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, according to the EPA. It also results in the most immediate return on investment.
Here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling.
What You Can do to Receive Points
Lighting and HVAC
- The three R’s — reuse, recycle, reduce — familiar to school children everywhere, also apply to the green, sustainable business
- A majority of offices are not “paperless.” Computers, fax machines, and photocopiers mean that all businesses use a lot of paper. Some of this is filed, but much needs to be recycled. Everyone should take the responsibility to recycle. A surprising number of typical business products — plastics, rechargeable batteries, many small electronic components — can be recycled.
- Media, cell phones, computer peripherals
- Electronics recycling
Already a restaurant participating in the WPB Green Business Challenge?
Take your commitment a step further by exploring the Green Restaurant Certification. Visit DineGreen.com to learn more.