Why You Should Join
Become a Green Business Leader:
Mayor Muoio invites all WPB businesses to join the WPB Green Business Challenge, a friendly competition to engage commercial property managers, office tenants and other business sectors. This program strives to improve energy and water efficiency, reduce waste and involve employees while saving money and receiving community wide recognition.
Top 6 reasons to join The Rethink Business Green Business Challenge:
1. Get Recognized & Be Promoted
2. Be Competitive & Grow Your Customer Base
3. Protect the Environment
4. Save Money
5. Strengthen Your Team
6. Support Your West Palm Beach Community
Green Business is Good Business!
Congratulations to the 2017 West Palm Beach Green Business Challenge leaders!
Property Steward: GliddenSpina + Partners
Tenant Steward: United Way of Palm Beach County
Returning Property Steward: Palm Beach Atlantic University
Energy Efficiency: Resourse Depot
Education & Outreach: Paradelo Burgess Design Studio
Transportation: Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
Recycling & Waste: South Florida Science Center & Aquarium
Green Business Spotlight!
The City of West Palm Beach congratulates the following organizations for their efforts and commitment to adopting policies and implementing practices that protect the local environment and improve public health.
2018 Green Business Challenge Participants
United Way of Palm Beach County
RH Technology Solutions, Inc.
South Florida Science Center & Aquarium
R & D Stones Corp.
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning
Premier Blinds & Shades
Palm Beach Atlantic Univeristy Dance Dept.
GliddenSpina + Partners
Prado Salon and Spa
Navarro Lowrey, Inc.
Keshavarz & Associates, Inc.
Legends of Xscape Palm Beach
The Carpenter's Son, Inc.
Eco Advisors, LLC
Find the closest Green Business partner near you, below! Click the icon for more information.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors!
While going green will affect every aspect of your business, increased energy efficiency is one of the best opportunities to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, according to the EPA. It also results in the most immediate return on investment.
Here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling.
What You Can do to Receive Points
Lighting and HVAC
- The three R’s — reuse, recycle, reduce — familiar to school children everywhere, also apply to the green, sustainable business
- A majority of offices are not “paperless.” Computers, fax machines, and photocopiers mean that all businesses use a lot of paper. Some of this is filed, but much needs to be recycled. Everyone should take the responsibility to recycle. A surprising number of typical business products — plastics, rechargeable batteries, many small electronic components — can be recycled.
- Media, cell phones, computer peripherals
- Electronics recycling
Already a restaurant participating in the WPB Green Business Challenge?
Take your commitment a step further by exploring the Green Restaurant Certification. Visit DineGreen.com to learn more.