Project entails new 8" water pipe on Greenwood Drive and relocating water meters to front of properties from rear easement.
1. Why is my water meter being relocated?
The existing water main currently runs east-west in the back of the residences needs a replacement. The new water pipe will be relocated inside Greenwood Drive’s right-of-way. New water service meters will be provided along Greenwood Drive for each residence. The new water meters will provide privacy for the homeowners and convenient accessibility for the City of West Palm Beach for meter reading, maintenance and/or repair. The City of West Palm Beach will be responsible for connecting the water service line from the new water meter to the residence.
2. When will this work be performed?
Please visit city’s website for update, and also City notify with door hanger two or three weeks prior to construction start.
3. How do I know who is authorized to do the work?
Contractor information will be uploaded into City’s website when bid process is completed. City will organize a meeting for pluming permit and right of entry form to be signed.
4. Do they need to come inside my house?
No. However, construction work is required for new meter and the water service line located in rear easement.
5. I still have questions, where can I get additional information?
- Consultant: Stantec Consulting Services Inc.Shehab Bata / Project Manager
Direct: (954) 481-2812 ext. 226
Cell: (954) 798-8031
- City of West Palm Beach Public UtilitiesJay Kwag / Project Engineer
Direct: (561) 494-1041