ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF AUGUST 18, 2019
A listing of road and dock closures around The City of West Palm Beach.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ROAD CLOSURES
ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. between Dixie Hwy. & Olive Ave. (Thursday, August 22, 2019, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.). Eastbound lane closed for construction and crane operations. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be maintained using westbound lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists.
- 200 block of Vallette Wy. (through Friday, August 23, 2019): Local traffic only due to construction. The road construction includes concrete demolition and installation, asphalt milling, resurfacing, striping and signage. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
- Spruce Ave. at 27th St. (through October 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. near the intersection are closed for replacement of a water main. Signs are posted to assist motorists.
- Windsor Ave. between 36th St. and 29th St. (through February 2020) are closed to through traffic. Resident traffic and deliveries only.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- Clematis Streetscape road closures (All pedestrian walkways to restaurants and businesses remain open):
- 100 block of N. Clematis St. (through December 2019)
- 200 block of Clematis St. (through October 2019)
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
ROSEMARY SQUARE STREETSCAPE (CITYPLACE)
- Clematis by Night produced by CWPB Community Events (Thursday, August 22, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.): N. Clematis & S. Clematis St. closed between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.
- 4th Friday on 4th Street – Rosemary Rhythm produced by Ulysse Community Development Corporation, Inc. (Friday, August 23, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.): Road closure for N. Rosemary Ave. between 3rd St. & 4th St.
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Rosemary Ave. between Hibiscus St. and Fern St. (through Saturday, November 16, 2019): Rosemary will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Gardenia Ave. between S. Rosemary Ave. and FEC Railway (until further notice): Road closed as part of the Rosemary Square renovation. Deliveries allowed only.
- For more information: http://www.cityplace.com/rosemarysquare/
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Pembroke Pl. between S. Olive Ave. & S. Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Eastbound traffic only on Pembroke Pl. for construction of a new PBAU dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- 45th St. and N. Jog Rd. west of Turnpike overpass to approximately 200 feet south of Ironhorse Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic southbound lane closures for FPL pole replacement. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Australian Ave. approximately 950 feet south of 25th St. (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures for turn lane and driveway installation.
- Jog Rd. approximately 120 feet north of Vista Pkwy. (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Southbound Dixie Hwy. just north of Monceaux Rd and south of Hampton Rd. (Monday, August 26, 2019, through Friday, September 13, 2019) will have one outside lane closed, 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for the installment of curb and parallel parking stalls.
- Okeechobee Blvd. between Suwanee Dr. and Chillingworth Dr. (through Friday, August 23, 2019) will have the westbound outside lane closed, 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for utility work.
- For more information, contact FDOT: (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/.
City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates