ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF NOVEMBER 10, 2019
Here are the road and dock closures happening around the City of West Palm Beach the week of November 10, 2019.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Banyan Blvd. between S. Olive Ave. & Narcissus Ave. closed through 7:00 a.m. Sunday, November 10, 2019 for construction crane removal. Access to the Banyan Garage will be maintained during the construction period.
- Henrietta Ave. between 7th St. & 15th, Henrietta Ave. at 11th St. (through January 2020): Periodic lane closures for road resurfacing.
- Spruce Ave. at 27th St. (through November 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. near the intersection are closed for replacement of a water main. Signs are posted to assist motorists.
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- Windsor Ave. between 36th St. and 29th St. (through February 2020) is closed to thru traffic. Resident traffic and deliveries only.
- Clematis Streetscape road closures:
- 100 block of N. & S. Clematis St. (through December 2019);
- 200 block of Clematis St. open to pedestrians and vehicles.
- Palm Beach Veterans Day Parade produced by Friends of Veterans (Sunday, November 10, 2019): Road closures include:
- Clematis St. between Tamarind Ave. and Rosemary Ave., Noon - 4:00 p.m.
- Clematis St. between Rosemary Ave. and Narcissus St., 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Clematis by Night at the Great Lawn produced by CWPB Community Events (Thursday, November 14, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.): Road closures
- Flagler Dr. closed between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St.
- GreenMarket produced by CWPB Community Events (Saturday, November 16, 2019, 5:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Full road closure of Flagler Dr. between Datura St. and Fern St. for the temporary relocation of the GreenMarket during Clematis Streetscape construction. Flagler Drive will reopen on Saturday, November 9, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
- Flagler Dr. between Datura St. and Fern St. will be the temporary location of the GreenMarket until Clematis Streetscape construction is complete, which is anticipated in December. (Vendors are currently unable to load in/load out.)
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
ROSEMARY SQUARE STREETSCAPE (CITYPLACE)
- Palm Beach County Heart Walk produced by the American Heart Association (Saturday, November 16, 2019): Road closures:
- Flagler Dr. from Datura St. to Lakeview Ave. (6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Flagler Dr. from Lakeview Ave. to Pershing Way (7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Hibiscus St., between Quadrille Blvd. & S. Rosemary Ave. (Monday, November 11th, 2019), 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.): Road closure for placement of construction crane to remove and replace A/C units on the roof of the AMC Theatre.
- Rosemary Ave. between Hibiscus St. and Fern St. (through November 2019): Rosemary Ave. will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Gardenia Ave. between S. Rosemary Ave. and FEC Railway (until further notice): Road closed as part of the Rosemary Square renovation. Deliveries allowed only.
- For more information: http://www.cityplace.com/rosemarysquare/
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Pembroke Pl. between S. Olive Ave. & S. Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Eastbound traffic only on Pembroke Pl. for construction of a new dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- N. Congress Ave. approximately 20 feet south of Executive Center Dr. to approximately 690 feet south of Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic nighttime northbound lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Northbound and southbound U.S. Hwy. 1 (S. Olive Ave.) between Okeechobee Blvd. and Albemarle Rd. (through Wednesday, November 26, 2019): 1 of 2 lanes closed, 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, for soil borings.
- Northbound and southbound N. Military Tr. between Upthegrove Lane and 45th St. (through Tuesday, November 19, 2019): 2 of 3 lanes closed, 9:00 p.m. - 4:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, for replacement of wood poles with concrete poles and to install hardware with transfer lines.
- Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and Worth Ct. N. (through summer 2020) will be closed for roadway construction as part of the Southern Blvd. bridge replacement project.
- Flagler Dr. sidewalks, from Southern Blvd. to Worth Ct. N., and the Southern Blvd. south sidewalk, from Washington Rd. to Flagler Dr., will remain closed through summer 2020.
- Traffic going north of Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Worth Ct. N. to Washington Rd.;
- Go north on Washington Rd. to Southern Blvd;
- Go east on Southern Blvd. to Flagler Dr.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Southern Blvd. to Washington Rd.;
- Go South on Washington Rd. to Worth Ct N.;
- Go east on Worth Court N. to Flagler Dr.
- Pedestrians using Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and N. Worth Ct. should:
- Use the east Flagler Dr. sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Blvd., between Washington Rd. and Flagler Dr. should:
- Use the north Southern Blvd. sidewalk.
To contact the City of West Palm Beach, please call (561) 822-1200 (TTY: 800- 855-8771). City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates