ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF NOVEMBER 24, 2019
The list of planned road and dock closures around The City of West Palm Beach for the week of November 24, 2019.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Henrietta Ave. between 7th St. & 15th, Henrietta Ave. at 11th St. (through January 2020): Periodic lane closures for road resurfacing.
- Spruce Ave. at 27th St. (through November 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. near the intersection are closed for replacement of a water main. Signs are posted to assist motorists.
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- Windsor Ave. between 36th St. and 29th St. (through February 2020) is closed to thru traffic. Resident traffic and deliveries only.
- Clematis Streetscape road closures:
- 100 block of N. & S. Clematis St. (through December 2019).
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
ROSEMARY SQUARE STREETSCAPE (formerly CITYPLACE)
- GreenMarket produced by CWPB Community Events (Saturday, November 30, 2019, 5:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Full road closure of Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. & Datura St., for the temporary relocation of the GreenMarket during Clematis Streetscape construction. Flagler Drive will reopen on Saturday, November 30, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
- Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St. will be the temporary location of the GreenMarket until Clematis Streetscape construction is complete, which is anticipated in December. (Vendors are currently unable to load in/load out.)
- WPB Antique Flea & Craft Market produced by Bill Jacobson (Saturday, November 30, 2019, 5:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Road closure for the 300 block of Clematis St.
- Rosemary Square Grand Reopening produced by Related Companies (Friday, November 29, 2019, 8:00 a.m.- Sunday, December 1, 2019, 10:00 p.m.): Road closure on Rosemary Ave. between Okeechobee Ave. & Fern St., and Hibiscus St. between the service road east of Sapodilla Ave. & the Sapodilla Garage entrance.
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Rosemary Ave. between Fern St. and Hibiscus St. (through Monday, November 25, 2019): Road closure for Rosemary Square streetscape project.
- Gardenia Ave. between S. Rosemary Ave. and FEC Railway (until further notice): Road closed as part of the Rosemary Square renovation. Deliveries allowed only.
- For more information: http://www.cityplace.com/rosemarysquare/
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Pembroke Pl. between S. Olive Ave. & S. Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Eastbound traffic only on Pembroke Pl. for construction of a new dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- N. Congress Ave. approximately 20 feet south of Executive Center Dr. to approximately 690 feet south of Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic nighttime northbound lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Northbound and southbound U.S. Hwy. 1 (S. Olive Ave.) between Okeechobee Blvd. and Albemarle Rd. (through Wednesday, November 27, 2019): 1 of 2 lanes closed, 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, for soil borings.
- Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and Worth Ct. N. (through summer 2020) will be closed for roadway construction as part of the Southern Blvd. bridge replacement project.
- Flagler Dr. sidewalks, from Southern Blvd. to Worth Ct. N., and the Southern Blvd. south sidewalk, from Washington Rd. to Flagler Dr., will remain closed through summer 2020.
- Traffic going north of Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Worth Ct. N. to Washington Rd.;
- Go north on Washington Rd. to Southern Blvd;
- Go east on Southern Blvd. to Flagler Dr.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Southern Blvd. to Washington Rd.;
- Go South on Washington Rd. to Worth Ct N.;
- Go east on Worth Court N. to Flagler Dr.
- Pedestrians using Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and N. Worth Ct. should:
- Use the east Flagler Dr. sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Blvd., between Washington Rd. and Flagler Dr. should:
- Use the north Southern Blvd. sidewalk.
To contact the City of West Palm Beach, please call (561) 822-1200 (TTY: 800-855-8771). City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates