Road and dock closures around the City of West Palm Beach for the week of November 3, 2019.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Henrietta Ave. between 7th St. & 15th & Henrietta Ave. at 11th St. (Monday, November 4, 2019 through January 2020): Periodic lane closures for road resurfacing.
- Banyan Blvd. between S. Olive Ave. & Narcissus Ave. will be closed beginning 7:00 a.m. Friday, November 8, 2019, through 7:00 a.m. Sunday, November 10, 2019): Banyan Blvd. road closure for construction crane removal. Access to the Banyan Garage will be maintained during the construction period.
- Spruce Ave. at 27th St. (through November 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. near the intersection are closed for replacement of a water main. Signs are posted to assist motorists.
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
- Windsor Ave. between 36th St. and 29th St. (through February 2020) are closed to thru traffic. Resident traffic and deliveries only.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- Clematis Streetscape road closures:
- 100 block of N. & S. Clematis St. (through December 2019)
- 200 block of Clematis St. (closed to vehicles through December 2019; open to pedestrians effective November 7, 2019)
- Clematis by Night at the Great Lawn produced by CWPB Community Events (Thursday, November 7, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.):
- Flagler Dr. closed between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St.
- GreenMarket produced by CWPB Community Events (Saturday, November 9, 2019, 5:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.): Full road closure of Flagler Dr. between Datura St. and Fern St. for the temporary relocation of the GreenMarket during Clematis Streetscape construction. Flagler Drive will reopen on Saturday, November 9, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
- Flagler Dr. between Datura St. and Fern St. will be the temporary location of the GreenMarket until Clematis Streetscape construction is complete, which is anticipated in December. (Vendors are currently unable to load in/load out.)
- Urban Youth Impact produced by Chick Fil A (Saturday, November 9, 2019, 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.): Road closures include:
- Flagler Dr. from Datura St. to Lakeview Ave., 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Flagler Dr. from Lakeview Ave. to Belmonte Ave.
- West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market produced by Bill Jacobson (Saturday, November 9, 2019, 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.): Road closure for the 300 block of Clematis St.
- Palm Beach Veterans Day Parade produced by Friends of Veterans (Sunday, November 10, 2019): Road closures include:
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
ROSEMARY SQUARE STREETSCAPE (CITYPLACE)
- Clematis St. between Tamarind Ave. and Rosemary Ave., 12:00 p.m. -l 4:00 p.m.
- Clematis St. between Rosemary Ave. and Narcissus St., 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Rosemary Ave. between Hibiscus St. and Fern St. (through November 2019): Rosemary Ave. will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Gardenia Ave. between S. Rosemary Ave. and FEC Railway (until further notice): Road closed as part of the Rosemary Square renovation. Deliveries allowed only.
- For more information: http://www.cityplace.com/rosemarysquare/
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Pembroke Pl. between S. Olive Ave. & S. Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Eastbound traffic only on Pembroke Pl. for construction of a new dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- Community Dr. approximately 1,240 feet east of Military Tr. (until further notice): Expect periodic eastbound traffic shifts for sidewalk restoration.
- N. Congress Ave. approximately 20 feet south of Executive Center Dr. to approximately 690 feet south of Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic nighttime northbound lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Northbound & Southbound U.S. Hwy. 1 (S. Olive Ave.) between Okeechobee Blvd. and Albemarle Rd. (through Wednesday, November 26, 2019): 1 of 2 lanes closed, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, for soil borings.
- FDOT Railway Crossing at Caroline St. between Clare Ave. & Parker Ave. at Jefferson Terminal District (through Tuesday, October 28, 2019, 4:00 p.m.): Full road closure at the Caroline St. crossing to perform an emergency rail replacement on the west track.
For access to the Jefferson Terminal District from the south:
- North on Mercer Ave. to Old Okeechobee Rd., east to Jefferson Terminal District
For access to the Jefferson Terminal District from the north:
- South on Parker Ave. to Old Okeechobee Rd.
- Northbound and southbound N. Military Tr. between Upthegrove Lane and 45th St. (through Tuesday, November 19, 2019): 2 of 3 lanes closed, 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, for replacement of wood poles with concrete poles and to install hardware with transfer lines
- Florida Dept. of Transportation (FDOT) Road Closure in City of West Palm Beach: Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd and Worth Ct. N. (through summer 2020) will be closed for roadway construction as part of the Southern Blvd. Bridges Replacement Project.
- Flagler Dr. sidewalks, from Southern Blvd. to Worth Ct. N., and the Southern Blvd. south sidewalk, from Washington Rd. to Flagler Dr., will remain closed through summer 2020.
- Traffic going north of Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Worth Ct. N. to Washington Rd.;
- Go north on Washington Rd. to Southern Blvd;
- Go east on Southern Blvd. to Flagler Dr.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Southern Blvd. to Washington Rd.;
- Go South on Washington Rd. to Worth Ct N.;
- Go east on Worth Court N. to Flagler Dr.
- Pedestrians using Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and N. Worth Ct. should:
- Use the east Flagler Dr. sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Blvd., between Washington Rd. and Flagler Dr. should:
- Use the north Southern Blvd. sidewalk.
For more information, contact Angel Gardner at FDOT: (561) 855-8773.
To contact the City of West Palm Beach, please call (561) 822-1200 (TTY: 800- 855-8771
). City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates