ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 15, 2019
Road and dock closures around the City of West Palm Beach.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ROAD CLOSURES
ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Banyan Blvd. between Australian Ave. and the TriRail crossing (Friday, September 20, 2019, 10:00 p.m. through Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 5:00 a.m.); Full road closure for railroad track repairs: There will be no access to Banyan Blvd. from N. Australian Ave. or S. Australian Ave. Detour:
- FROM THE NORTH: Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. east to Tamarind Ave. or Dixie Hwy. to access Banyan Blvd. from the north.
- FROM THE SOUTH: Okeechobee Blvd. east to Tamarind Ave. or Quadrille Blvd. to access Banyan Blvd. from the south.
- Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St. (Saturday, October 5, 2019, 5:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.): Full road closure of Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St. for the temporary relocation of the GreenMarket during Clematis Streetscape construction. Flagler Drive will reopen on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- Flagler Dr. between Banyan Blvd. and Datura St. will be the temporary location of the GreenMarket until Clematis Streetscape construction is complete, which is anticipated in December. (Vendors are currently unable to load in/load out.)
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
- Spruce Ave. at 27th St. (through October 2019): Sections of Spruce Ave. near the intersection are closed for replacement of a water main. Signs are posted to assist motorists.
- Windsor Ave. between 36th St. and 29th St. (through February 2020) are closed to through traffic. Resident traffic and deliveries only.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- Clematis Streetscape road closures (All pedestrian walkways to restaurants and businesses remain open):
- 100 block of N. Clematis St. (through December 2019)
- 200 block of Clematis St. (through October 2019)
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
ROSEMARY SQUARE STREETSCAPE (CITYPLACE)
- Clematis by Night produced by CWPB Community Events (Thursday, September 12, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.): N. Clematis & S. Clematis St. closed between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Rosemary Ave. at Hibiscus St. intersection (Monday, September 16, 2019 through Tuesday, September 17, 2019): The intersection will be closed for repairs. Motorists should use Quadrille Blvd. or S. Sapodilla Ave. as alternatives. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Rosemary Ave. between Hibiscus St. and Fern St. (through Saturday, November 16, 2019): Rosemary will be closed to vehicular traffic. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Gardenia Ave. between S. Rosemary Ave. and FEC Railway (until further notice): Road closed as part of the Rosemary Square renovation. Deliveries allowed only.
- For more information: http://www.cityplace.com/rosemarysquare/
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Pembroke Pl. between S. Olive Ave. & S. Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Eastbound traffic only on Pembroke Pl. for construction of a new dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Jog Rd. approximately 120 feet north of Vista Pkwy. (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Okeechobee Boulevard, between Suwanee Drive and Chillingworth Drive (Monday, September 16, 2019, through Friday, September 27, 2019) will have the westbound outside lane closed, 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for utility work.
- For more information, contact FDOT: (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/.
City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed online at http://wpb.org/News-Video/Road-Closure-Updates