City of West Palm Beach Sanitation services, including debris and garbage pickup, are suspended until further notice
- No school, no courts, county offices closed on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- Mandel Library of West Palm Beach closed until further notice.
- City of West Palm Beach Parks and Recreation Facilities- closed until further notice
- City of West Palm Beach government offices – closed until further notice
- All PBC parks and facilities including beaches and boat ramps are closed until further notice.
- West Palm Beach Vickers House closed until further notice
- Because it’s within Evacuation Zone B, Good Samaritan Medical Center is closing.
- The West Palm Beach VA Medical Center and outlying clinics will be closed on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. The Vet Centers in Jupiter and Greenacres will also be closed. The rural clinics in Clewiston and Moore Haven will be closed through the remainder of next week. VA staff will be contacting all those with appointments to reschedule.
GENERAL POPULATION SHELTERS:
- No PBC Schools on Tuesday
- Lynn University classes and activities are canceled for Tuesday, Sept. 3. Lynn University will provide further updates.
- FAU Campuses remain closed through September 3.
The seven general population shelters operated by Palm Beach County are:
SPECIAL NEEDS SHELTER:
- Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Elem. School, 1501 Avenue U, Riviera Beach
- Independence Middle School, 4001 Greenway Dr., Jupiter
- Lakeshore Middle School, 425 W Canal St N, Belle Glade
- Pahokee Middle School, 850 Larrimore Rd, Pahokee
- Palm Beach Gardens High School, 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens
- Palm Beach Central High School, 8499 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington
- Park Vista High School, 7900 Jog Rd, Lake Worth
The special needs shelter is located at 9067 Southern Boulevard, West Palm Beach. If you are registered, you should have received notification. People with special medical needs should register for our Special Needs Program by calling (561) 712-6400 or visiting our website www.readypbc.org
The pet-friendly shelter is located at 6000 Northtree Boulevard, Lake Worth. This shelter is available to Palm Beach County residents residing in a mandatory evacuation zone or in mobile homes. Proof of residency is required. Space is limited, and restrictions apply. Each pet must be accompanied by only one owner who will stay at the shelter. Other family members will need to stay at nearby Park Vista High School, 7900 Jog Road, Lake Worth.
- EMERGENCY: Dial 911
- Non-Emergency Police Calls: (561) 822-1900
- Mayor’s Response Hotline (aka 822) (561) 822-2222.
- City of West Palm Beach TTY: 800-955-8771
- INTERNET: To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected in the wake of Hurricane Dorian, Comcast is opening its network of almost 200,000 Xfinity WiFi hotspots throughout Florida to anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity customers, for free. To get connected, both customers and non-customers should first visit Xfinity.com/wifi for a map of public Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located indoors and outdoors in places such as shopping districts, parks and businesses.
- Twitter: @westpalmbch
- Facebook: @cityofwpb
- Facebook in Spanish: @cityofwestpalmbeachenespanol
- Mayor’s Insider Newsletter: wpb.org/insider