The Employee Relations Division is responsible for:
- Helping to support employees' efforts and assist with any employment-related issue.
- Bargaining with six (6) labor organizations that represent the City’s workforce.
- Labor contract administration
- Training in both contract changes and in other areas.
- Conducting research on operational and emerging employer issues and communicate the findings.
- Assist department directors and managers in policy and orgainizational development.
The work of the Employee Relations Division creates a direct link between the employees, managers, executives and elected officials.
If you would like to contact Employee Relations regarding a city employee, please call 561-494-1000. If your comment involves a police officer, please contact the Internal Affairs Division of the police department at 561-822-1800.
Our Current Contracts:
- IAFF – Association of Fire Fighters (Nov 1, 2017 – Sept 30, 2020)
- IAFF – Battalion Chief Unit (Nov 1, 2017 – Sept 30, 2020)
- PBA – Police Benevolent Association (Oct 1, 2017 – Sept 30, 2020)
- PMSA – Professional Managers & Supervisors Association (Oct 1, 2017 – Sept 30, 2020)
- SEIU – Service Employees International Union (Oct 1, 2017 – Sept 30, 2020)
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan:
Civil Service Rules and Regulations:
Employee Assistance Program:
Coping with life’s challenges isn’t always easy! The Employee Assitance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential counseling and information program for city employees, eligible family members, and/or registered domestic partners. Costs associated with referral for long-term counseling may be covered by medical benefits.
Cigna's administers the city’s Employee Assistant Program. The EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 877-622-4327.
- Crisis intervention following traumatic event (e.g., accidental death, robbery)
- Depression and anxiety
- Divorce, separation, single and step parenting issues
- Domestic violence
- Dual career family issues
- Marital/relationship problems
- Parent/child relations
- Referral for legal assistance or credit counseling
- Sexual assault/harassment
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse
- Support for transferred employees and their families
- Weight control